Tuesday 1 April 2014

THE BEAUTY EDIT: Orange, orange everywhere.

Spring is the perfect time of year to reinvent yourself and try something new - and this week I've found my new thing! And yes, I might've gone a little overboard in Boots this week... 

A university assignment had me needing a new beauty trend to write about, and some Pinterest procrastination, hello Rag & Bone SS14, gave me not only a feature piece but four new lip products and a whole new Spring look. If there's anything I learnt from my fashion degree, it's how to justify clothes, make-up and shoe purchases! 


This is of course the beauty trend for Spring I am referring to: the orange lip. A statement look not for the fainthearted, the high street is full of products to help you achieve all your tangerine dreams. And the best bit, I've found five of the best for you. 


If you're after the bright and beautiful statement look Gucci Westman created for Rag & Bone, I'd suggest Topshop Lip Cream in ‘Pout’ for £7. The highly pigmented gloss is a bold statement not to be taken lightly - even I was a bit apprehensive about taking this out on Southampton High Street. If you want the most true-to-colour orange lip, Smashbox Mega Tint Long Wear Lip Colour in ‘Mimosa’ (£15.50) is the one for you. The subtle lip tint can be rocked in a day look, and the orange colour stays looking fresh for hours. For the matte lip lovers, Revlon is your answer. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in ‘Audacious’ (£7.99) is possibly the perfect matte orange product, and again, not for the fainthearted. If you're feeling a bit shy about trying an orange lip, Laura Mercier Lipstick in ‘Roman Moon’ (£19.50) should be your go-to. The corally colour dips in the orange trend ever so slightly, and is a great starting point before you're on the Revlon! And possibly my favourite, the Topshop Lip Bullet in ‘Hearbeat’ (£8) is a must have to throw in your handbag and stick on when you need a little make-up pick-me-up! 

So there it is, your high street go-to to spice up your Spring make-up looks! Let me know how you're rocking yours! xo 



Blogger Template made by pipdig