Saturday 31 May 2014

THE BEAUTY EDIT: May Favourites!

Technically it is the last day of May, but that just means this post will be a really accurate measure of my May favourites! With finishing university, moving home and the quarter life crisis I seem to be going through, Culture Wonder has been neglected. Now I have plenty of free time to spend browsing Boots buying beauty products I don't need! And with that...


This months beauty picks come in a collection of five very different products. The first favourite has been coveted by so many beauty bloggers it seemed ridiculous not to pick some up myself, and I have to say, the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water (£4.99) did not disappoint. The cleansing, soothing make up remover is a must, and is even suitable for ridiculously sensitive skin - an all-round goodie! 


With the small glimpse of summer we had in the UK last week and the many hours I spent hiding in my room finishing my final major project for university, my make-up routine was cut right down to basics. I picked up the L'Oreal Paris Nude Magique CC Cream Anti- Fatigue (£9.99) about a week ago to step away from my high coverage foundation and get something lighter for summer. It's a great CC cream that can take a little blending if you're extremely pale like me, but gives my skin a great glow! Definitely a keeper for this summer. 

Speaking of blending, after reading lots of mixed reviews I decided to take the plunge and pick up a Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99) during the 3-for-2 offer in Boots and I was not disappointed! The three edges help blend make up all over the face, and with the masses of concealer I've been wearing the past few weeks, this Miracle Complexion Sponge has been my saviour. 


Moving onto haircare, I could blame my laziness with my hair on my last few weeks of uni, but let's face it I've always been a minimalist - that's the word I'm going with, not lazy - when it comes to styling my hair. If you're like me and want to keep your hair routine as simple but effective as possible, I have the product for you. The Bumble & Bumble Thickening Blow Dry Spray (£21.50) is my go-to volume product, a couple of pumps into your hair and this spray gives all the oomph and takes away none of the shine or texture. Result. 


And my final beauty favourite this month has to be the Bourgois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick in 03 Hot Pepper (£8.99) The liquid lipstick has been causing quite a stir with the range of statement long lasting shades. I picked up the matte finish lip product in Hot Pepper - and I might have found my perfect red lip product (I'm sorry MAC, Chili still has a special place in my heart.)

Let me know what products you've been coveting this month. Thanks for reading! xo 
Blogger Template made by pipdig