Tuesday 3 June 2014

THE FASHION EDIT: What's in my bag?


I know I know. How many 'Whats in my bag?' posts are there now? Probably thousands. But there's a new Zara baby in the handbag pack, so we had to welcome her properly... 

As soon as my final work for university was handed in it was straight to West Quay to treat myself to some major retail therapy. I'd been eyeing this monochrome double pocket beauty for a while, and what is a better 'Congratulations Me!' treat than a new Zara handbag? There is none my friend. 

And so commenced the handbag clear out, and once I'd gotten rid of all the receipts and junk, this is what I'm left carrying around in my new monochrome love.

In the back compartment, I have my Kent hairbrush, Mulberry purse, my trusty old iPod and my iPhone (and it's adorable Marc by Marc Jacobs case!) All the boring usual handbag stuff!

Onto the bigger zip compartment, my glasses go everywhere with me, and these tortoise shell beauties are my new pair from Tom Ford. Sunnies and phone charger are a handbag necessity as well, because like everyone else, my iPhone's battery life is shocking, and I like to look like a hungover mess with sunnies on most of the time I'm outside. 

I try to keep a book with me most of the time because I tend to get a lot of buses and trains on my own, and my chosen book of the month is 'Is everyone hanging out without me? (And other concerns)' by the wonderful Mindy Kaling. She's a definite girl crush, and her book is hilarious so far. And definitely one of those books you can dip in and out of, so ideal for travelling. 

And onto the mess of my lipstick collection, at any given time my handbag usually holds around 5-7 lipsticks, I'm not the only one who does that, right? I'm definitely having a red moment with lip products, and right now I've got digging around the bottom of my bag: a matte red Mac in Dangerous, Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper, Bourjois Shine Edition in shade 21 (the label has worn off, it's one of my favourites!) Smashbox Megatint Longwear Lip Colour in Mimosa (a great orangey shade) and of course a nude for those days when you just can't be bothered,  the Laura Mercier lipstick in Sandcastle.

Thrown in with my Diesel Loverdose perfume and some L'Occitane hand cream, that's the contents of my handbag! And I give it a week to stay that tidy...


Let me know what items you have to have in your handbag! Thanks for reading! xo 

Blogger Template made by pipdig