Sunday 21 September 2014

THE BEAUTY EDIT: SEPTEMBER FAVOURITES!

Shall we pretend that little two month break didn't happen? Okay? Great! 

I've had a busy few weeks turning 21 (eep!), enjoying the last of summer, and the inevitable post-graduate job hunt! Right now I'm interning in London for an amazing fashion website (and wanting to kill everyone on the 7.33 train each morning...) so my time (and shopping) has been restricted, hence the blogging break! 

Let's ease back into things with a September favourites list, with five of my latest hits. 


First up is a product I've been able to convert some of my friends to with my raving reviews, so it's not surprise it ended up on a favourites list. The Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser for £7.99. The primer gives an amazing base for foundation that actually leaves your skin as soft as a baby. The best part is that Maybelline products are usually on a 3for2 offer of sorts at Boots, so stock up on this little beauty, you'll never look back.

My next beauty favourite is my current nail colour of choice, a spur of the moment buy that is the Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in Mind the Gap, Victoria, for £3.69. I'm usually a nude or red nails kinda gal, but a Boots trip with my girlfriends had me feeling a little bit daring with this bright blue hue. I've had lots of ladies asking me what the colour was, and what a gorgeous colour it is, so I'm definitely a blue convert! 

Next up is a travel sized hair product that packs a lot of punch. The Bumble and bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil is a wonder product. I'm not really sure what else I can say about it. It makes my hair gloriously shiny, silky soft, and good lord I need to buy about 15 more bottles. The full size 100ml bottle sells for £31, but you only need two-three pumps a time, making it a purse friendly hair staple.

I'm pretty much the last person to jump aboard the NARS love train, but bear with me, I'm finally there! The NARS Sheer Matte Foundation is my next beauty favourite this month and ooooh is it a goodie. A good coverage that got rid of my weird redness and left me with a smooth matte finish, the £31 foundation is just as good as everyone told me it was. 

And lastly for this month, the argan oil trend has properly got to me. After a stressful day at work a few weeks ago, a Body Shop staff member got me into one of those chairs and exfoliated and oiled my arm with this new product and it was pretty much a done deal on the spot. The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Radiant Oil is a spray oil for the body and hair that gives a fantastic just-been-tanning glow that lasts, dries quickly and in true Body Shop style, smells amazing. At £14, it's a pricier body product, but my legs have never been smoother! 

What have been your beauty hits this month? Share with me below or on Twitter! (I promise not to leave it so long next time!)
Blogger Template made by pipdig