Saturday 17 March 2012

The City of Love has captured my heart!


The past few weeks have definitely been a bit crazy, deadlines, family and a long weekend is Paris completely took over!
My trip to Paris was simply, magical.
After a long day of traveling on the Thursday, we spent our evening by visiting the Eiffel Tower - being my first time in Paris I was completely speechless, it was so beautiful lit up with the city behind it and just wow! A lovely dinner with the girls and a tipsy evening exploring we left the tower to catch up on much needed sleep.
Friday brought an exciting day - after a tense hour across Paris we managed to get into the Anne Valerie Hash Paris Fashion Week show (there will be a separate post about it with all the pictures) that hosted some ridiculously lovely clothes, held at the beautiful Shangri-La hotel. My friend and I were even papped by paparazzi, before they realised we weren’t celebrities and left us alone, awkwardly. More exploring of Paris ensued with visits to the textile museum, a visit to the Mona Lisa and many more works of art at the Musee de Louvre, more sights and a rather expensive trip to the goldmine that is Sephora (possibly my favourite shop ever, if only it didn’t cost so much to have it sent to England).
Saturday was a day devoted to the magic that is the Champs-Élysées. After finding some stunning dresses in Elie Saab, exploring Gucci and Dior I found myself falling in love with a gold plated Nathalie Swarovski ring that is available here -http://www.swarovski.com/Web_GB/en/1106491/product/Nathalie_Ring,_gold-plated.html?rc_pdp=1 - my friend and I got matching rings and I currently can’t be separated from mine! I do love a bit of sparkle!

Saturday night led us to the 
Sacré-Cœur and exploring the red light district of Paris - seeing Moulin Rouge was definitely something to cross off my bucket list! A slightly scary end to my trip - my friend and I being followed down the street by creepy propositioning french men was actually more terrifying than I thought it would be - but none the less exciting!
So many exciting stories and lovely pictures that will be put up separately over the next few days! 
Blogger Template made by pipdig