Tuesday 21 August 2012

My ultimate wedding venue: the home of Downton Abbey!

Having one of my best friends as a tour guide at the beautiful Highclere Castle in Hampshire served me, and my wild imagination, very well this week.

After a lovely picnic in the gardens and walk around the grounds - how very English Summertime of me, I know - I discovered my ultimate wedding fantasy. The most beautiful folly, a pillared temple built a little way from the main building for decoration in 1743 called Jackdaw's Castle. The gorgeous small temple is raised and looks onto the house and surrounding grounds in the most breathtaking way - especially on a clear blue sky day - as you can see from the pictures I took below.




Looking onto the beautiful house with a spacious lawn area - how perfect would this be for seating rows for a wedding ceremony?



Getting married in front of this gorgeous little temple is officially a part of my dream wedding - Vera Wang dress, Tiffany ring and all. Just need to find the groom now and I'm sorted. 

Blogger Template made by pipdig