Tuesday 21 August 2012

Mad For It: Styled to Rock

Sky Living's latest TV show Styled to Rock started last week, with 12 up and coming designers competing in the chance to design for Rihanna, with challenges each week of some of the music industry's best dressed. Designer Henry Holland, singer and general style icon Nicola Roberts and Stylist to the stars (including Rihanna, instant girl crush) Lysa Cooper help judge and mentor the contestants each week in a new spin on Project Runway that I am officially obsessed with. Could my giant style crush on Henry Holland be any more obvious?!

This show is definitely doing it right. One of my favourite parts, the judges! No ego's playing up to the camera or showing off, they are actually just interested in helping the contestants, which is very refreshing to see on a British show. They work together and use their different areas of expertise and own experiences to give some actual advice/context to what the designers are doing. And I completely adore Henry Holland. 

One of the winners of this week's Rizzle Kicks design challenge, Jacqueline (or should I say Madame Jacqueline? Umm...really?) is definitely my favourite - her eccentric, morbid viewpoint and style continues to amazes me. Aaaaand don't even get me started on her accessories! Her lovely flower hairbands reminded me straight away of Rookie's DIY tutorials and a flowered hairband I wore to my year 13 prom last summer (see, I knew this was going to expand from festival fields to high street.)

Styled to Rock is on Sky Living on Tuesdays at 9pm. A definite essential for anyone interested in celebrity style, fashion and design. 
  






Blogger Template made by pipdig