Tuesday 10 June 2014

THE BEAUTY EDIT: The concealing dream team


When it comes to contouring, highlighting and concealing - I'm a bit of a novice. I usually tend to go for the 'cover-it-in-concealer-and-add-some-blush-at-the-end' method whilst rushing out the door late. I decided (in the beauty aisles of Boots, naturally) it was time for a change. 
 
The Boots 3-for-2 offers, as you will know from previous beauty posts, are my kryptonite. And where the majority of my student loan has gone for the past three years. I thought I'd brush up on my contour and concealing skills with a mini haul of new goodies.
 
First up on my dream team is the L'Oreal Nude Magique Highlighting Illuminating Concealer for £8.49. I work this in a C shape around my eye and brow, and then in a line between my cheekbone and jawbone for jawline definition. It has a  illuminating finish and gives a lovely dewy glow when used with the Revlon Highlighting Palette.   
 
As a main concealer, the L'Oreal True Match Touche Magique Concealer is my new favourite. Perfect for sorting out any tricky rosacea and spots, the True Match product, at only £8.19 is a wonder concealer. Much lighter than premium concealers like the Benefit Boi-ing, it does the job without the heavy feeling on your skin.
 
And my last pick in this concealing dream team is the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge from my last beauty haul. With three edges, a smooth point, a flat edge and rounded side is perfect for blending in concealer. There's plenty of good reviews floating around the Internet about this sponge, and they're right - its a wonder sponge.
 
What's in your make-up dream team? Let me know here or on Twitter! xo
 




















Blogger Template made by pipdig