Tuesday 12 June 2012

That new bag feeling...


Grown up shopping. I don't mean home shopping or even sexy shopping, I mean the time when your mum stops shopping for you and you get to do it on your own. Not to go all Confessions of a Shopaholic on you, but shopping gives me a massive buzz. The exciting feeling in my stomach, like a first kiss, but better. Finding a piece that you simply adore, whether it's Primark or Prada is an unmistakeable feeling to a fashion girl. 

I don't get this feeling often; I think the best case of it was finding some Vivienne Westwood Melissa silver heels in the Selfridges sale for under £30 - I do remember there being actual squealing. And again with my Urban Outfitters flatforms and now my latest purchase - the oversized tote. 

The pale Zara tote I blogged about recently unfortunately was not meant to be on my last trip to West Quay, but after a terrifying - I'm not even kidding, I nearly kissed the ground when I got off that thing-  bus ride to the next town in Tenerife I found myself hunting the bag down once again. Not available in the original colour I had fallen in love with, but in black (too grown up) or a nude with orange colour blocking and red handles there, I found myself drawn to the nude version with, yep, that excited schoolgirl feeling. 

Hence why I've been strutting around like the cat that caught the cream the past few days with my lovely new bag in tow. I. love. shopping. 
Blogger Template made by pipdig