Wednesday 22 May 2013

What's in my...make up bag!

I really enjoyed getting to sort out my handbag and show you guys what I carried around with me all day, so I thought this would give me the perfect excuse to sort out my make up bag and share the make up I can't be without!
(I didn't think my blog would actually make me tidier, but apparently it does!)

I'm way too camera shy to do a daily make up vlog, so I thought I'd share with you like this!

 
So as a base, I use MAC Strobe Cream, £22.50. I'd heard loads of good reviews about the strobe cream so I popped into Selfridges and talked to the lovely people at the MAC counter and was recommended it and I fell in love. Perfect for a highlighted effect and giving luminance!
For Foundation, I swear by the Maxfactor Face Finity All Day 3 in 1 (£11.99.) I picked it up a few weeks ago and fell in love with the coverage it gives you that really does last all day.
Benefit is my go-to brand for powders, blushers and bronzers, with Dandelion and Hoola (both £23.50) being two of my favourites! Dandelion is great for creating a rosy look, while bronzing powder Hoola is my summer essential for a lovely golden glow. I just use a cheap H&M Kabuki brush that I got for £2.99, it does the job pretty well!
For nights out or just to spice up my make up, I use the Benefit Watt's Up (£24.50.) A really good soft highlighter that's super easy to just swish on and voila! The soft champagne colour gives the perfect luminance for my skin, it's a night out essential!
I know I'm on a bit of a Benefit hype at the moment, I'm going to keep that rolling with the Laugh With Me LeeLee miniature I got from a set a while back, but keep this in my make up bag as a little perfume top up throughout the day!
For my lips, I always keep a Palmer's Cocoa Formula lip balm (£2.99) to hand, they smell amazing and always save my chapped lips! I usually keep a lipstick in there as well, right now it's a matte finish pillarbox red Illamasqua Lipstick (£16.00) that is the perfect statement red lipstick for me.
For my eyes, I used a Maxfactor False Lash Effect mascara in Black (£10.99), it's a great mascara for really emphasising my eyes, which is the area I tend to focus on most, so is the perfect fit for me!
Eyeliner wise, I use the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner (£7.99) and have done for a while now, it's a great colour and lasts all day, and is easy to put on, although I use a different brush to the one provided - my Ecotools Eyeliner (£4.99) brush is pictured below but I also use a MAC 201 Eyeliner brush for precision as it's much smaller.
 So that's it! That's the -weirdly for me- organised make up bag I have!
What make up essentials do you guys depend on?
Let me know! xo

Blogger Template made by pipdig