Thursday 30 May 2013

Tessa Metcalfe: The Homage Collection

My love for weird and wonderful jewellery has once again got me. Featured in the Grazia Fashion Charts this week, London bred jewellery designer Tessa Metcalfe has a rather unusual collection of bird inspired jewellery fashion magazines are clawing at. Literally. 

Metcalfe found an interest in taxidermy and not letting anything be wasted in her teens, which led her to developing casts of pigeon claws to create this wonderful Homage collection. Featured in Vogue, Grazia, Rough and Harpers Bazaar already, this collection is quickly gaining pace in the industry. 

With pendants, rings, brooches and earrings working around the pigeon claw, these pieces are beautiful and original for any jewellery fan. I picked some of my favourites from the collection below, all gold and priced from £50 to £250. Inspired by the city of London, Metcalfe describes the idea for the collection as 'finding beauty in the gutter'. 



You can check out the rest of Tessa's beautiful creations here!

And now I'm hiding my debit card from myself so I don't buy the beautiful simple claw ring in the top left corner...

Blogger Template made by pipdig