Friday 9 November 2012

Finally getting my hands on some Essie nail varnish!

I've heard so many good things about Essie nail varnish, but being from a small town in Berkshire I never actually managed to get my hands on any...until today!

Southampton High Street gained a new shrine for my friends and I, the best thing to happen since we got an Urban Outfitters, an Essie stall in Superdrug!

Okay, I am aware this reaaaaally doesn't sound exciting or blog worthy, but bare with me.

OPI is way out of my student budget and I'm pretty sure I already own 95% of the Barry M nail varnishes (2 for £5 served my addiction well) so a quality middle man was very. much. needed.

Cue the Essie stall! I've seen so many bloggers that have loved Essie products and was surprised to find they were actually a reasonable price (£7.99 each, or 3 for 2 on the current deal) and absolutely fell in love with most - if not all - of the colours available.


As you can see, I picked up these three colours, named from left to right as Buy Me A Cameo, a nude pearlescent shade, Luxedo, a deep red/oxblood shade and Dive Bar - a dark colour with green/blue specks.


I tried on each of the colours on one nail each as you can see, but am so in love with Dive Bar! The deep colour and teal almost green sparkly tint is so beautiful and different from my usual nail colour choices!

Let me know your favourite Essie shades and any nail colour recommendations for me! 

Blogger Template made by pipdig