Tuesday 16 July 2013

SUMMER PLAYLIST PART 1

My ridiculously long uni summer holiday has certainly been good for one thing: my playlist game is top level. I've been working on a SUMMER PLAYLIST the past few days and thought I'd share some of my favourites right now! 

Panic! at the Disco feat. Lolo - Miss Jackson
Cue endless chanting of "Miss Jackson, Miss Jackson, Miss Jackson, are you naaaastyyyy." One of my favourite tween bands is back with a brand new single this summer, and so far it's been on repeat all day. Decapitating pretty girls, car-park dancing and a big-ass sword...if that's your thing.


Best Coast - When I'm With You 
Having a song you don't know properly stuck in your head is so frustrating. Especially when it's one of those perfect songs like this one. I don't even know how I found this song but its top of my summer playlist and is the best driving-in-the-sunshine-good-summer-vibes song you'll find. And the video has Ronald McDonald walking on a beach, if that doesn't float your boat I don't know what will. 


Jay Z feat. Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail 
Post Wireless festival blues are running strong. Opening their set on Sunday night with this killer album opener gave me total body goosebumps. Best. performance. ever. Obviously it's going to be top of the playlists for a while now, as well as the rest of this utterly perfect album. 

 

The Maine - Like We Did (Windows Down)
Adding to the perfect-summer-vibe songs, Like We Did (Windows Down) from The Maine's third album Pioneer is an easy breezy summer essential. Reminiscing of "being young" while dressed up as wrinkly old men, The Maine provides a song perfect for road trips, beach days and singing along with all your friends. 



Let me know what songs you guys have in your summer playlists! xo

Blogger Template made by pipdig